Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I need..

... jazz and my runs!!

Yeah.. nothing beats a bout of emotional downtime with jazz and running.. for me at least!! It's gotta be both... if not, don't even think about pissing me off!!! Ahahahaha...

Oh yeah, I finished Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys..

.. and I picked up another two more books: Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things (short stories), and Jeffery Archer's False Impression. I'm reading through the former now...

I just got back from a recording session with David for his jazz album. We did only one tune, a composition of David's called "Home". It's a beautiful ballad... but seriously TOUGH to play. We did several takes, but I think the third take was probably the best out of the 5 - 6 takes. By the way, we're in the process of recording his FIRST actual jazz album... it's a long time coming for David. And I'm glad I'm part of it too.. woo hoo... but boy, am I seriously getting my chops busted!! I get to hear all my funny boo-boos in the recordings!! Hopefully they're good enough to be used in the album.. ha ha!

Okay.. that's it for now.. I'm too spent and sleepy after the recording. Recording a ballad takes such a heavy toll..

1 comment:

Violinuts said...

So, was it experimental enough? Hehe... we have all sorts of shit including free jazz...