Thursday, June 15, 2006

Last minute gig update: Julian & Ireson @ No Black Tie

Got a call yesterday to play with Singapore-based jazz-latino group Ireson today (Thursday) at No Black Tie. We'll be playing a lot of material from the South Americas fused with jazz influences.

The band line-up is Mario on bass, Alina on piano, Alonso on percussions, Marcella on vocals, and myself on tenor sax. Come check it out.

Where? No Black Tie, 17, Lorong Mesui, Off Jalan Nagasari, Off Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur
When? Tonight, Thursday 10pm
How much? RM20 (no drinks)


*UPDATE*

Okay, so it wasn't a show, as some of you might have figured out by now. Turned out to be a Heineken Music private party. Go figure. But the gig turned out pretty nice and exciting for me, actually. Sort of put my sight-reading skills to the test! We only rehearsed this afternoon and did the gig a few hours later. And being Latin music, not exactly my forte, it was an extra challenge for me. Of course, I botched up a couple of parts and notes, but generally it was okay.. could've done better.

Went to watch the remainder of the England v Trinidad and Tobaga match. I only arrived close to 15 minutes before the game ends, and the moment I arrived at the mamak to meet with Eddie, England scored their first goal, and a few minutes later, their second! Good going, ye ol' mates! Well, looks like we're all looking forward to see England play the next round! It'll be nice to see if they can make it all the way to the semi-finals at least!

Viva World CUP!

No comments: