Monday, June 13, 2005

Star Wars III... 3!

Believe it or not, I went to watch SWIII: Revenge of the Sith, again.. for the 3rd time!

Well, first time I watched the show was with my brother. The first two movies, we also watched together, so why break tradition? Second time, was with a bunch of friends, of which one of them is watching it for the first time too. And today, ANOTHER bunch of friends, of which one of them was watching it for the first time. But it was cool, cos I don't get to meet them often, so it's an opportunity to meet and hang out.

Anyway, some personal thoughts about Star Wars up till now. It's really quite amazing, watching it full circle. Me and my brother were watching the VCDs of the first sequels, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. It's quite interesting analyzing the sequence and the events that transpired from Ep. 1 to Ep. 6. The tale of Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader is a compelling one, and then the beginning of his son, Luke Skywalker to Anakin/Darth Vader's death and redemption, makes good food for thought. I felt sad for Anakin in Ep. 3, even though we all know he's going to become Darth Vader. I felt that from Ep. 1 - 6, it has always been about Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader, and not about Luke Skywalker, as most would've thought watching the first second-part instalments. But of course, Luke Skywalker was the important catalyst in the redemption of Darth Vader.


The screenplay and script weren't that great, unfortunately. The acting... well, I liked Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi best, as most would I think. Samuel L. Jackson's Mace Windu was great, although his scenes weren't much, but even so, he really made the best out of it. Hayden Christensen.. oh well... some parts he shines, but for most part, he was just okay. Oddly enough, I think he did play the role as good as it gets. But I thought he could've done better.

Hmmmm, last news I heard from George Lucas, there's gonna be an animation or even action series... can't wait for that to go thru...

Hehehe...

Go watch Ep. 3: Revenge of The Sith, if you haven't.

Ahhh, another week ahead... gonna train for Subang Jaya 10K.

Later.

No comments: