Thursday, December 21, 2006

"You better watch out.. you better not cry.."

Can you guys believe it?? It's already near Christmas of 2006 and in a week after that, it'll be 2007!! Where has the time gone??

Well, I'll be working on Christmas eve, and I'm not sure what plans I have yet for Christmas Day itself. I'll be working New Year's eve too... (if you check my Upcoming Performances section, then you'll probably know what I'm talking about.. *tsk tsk*). I've got some invites for open houses and stuff, so I'll probably go for some of those.. nothing like spending Christmas with family and friends.

I'm feeling the Christmas spirit a little more this year, for some strange reason, compared to last year. So that's good I guess. Only wished I had more gigs playing Christmas tunes. I remember the first two or three years out in the business, we had this Christmas gig playing jazzed-up Christmas tunes at Star Hill and Lot 10, and we were playing with some kick-butt players, and it was just so much fun to play. There's something about Christmas songs I really dig.. a certain spirit to it. Always touches my heart and even make me cry tears of joy... it's just beautiful. Beautiful melodies, beautiful lyrics...

Anyway, I just got back from a Christmas function, and I helped to put the band to play some jazz tunes and Christmas tunes, too. I'm heading off tomorrow morning to Batu Pahat, as I'm involved in this Chinese musical show there, "Shanghai Nights", I think. So we're playing old chinese tunes based on that story.

I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping darn it.. I bought some already, but I haven't had time to wrap them and everything.. bugger. Gotta find some time on Saturday to get the rest of the gifts and wrap them too. So busy..

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...."

No comments: