Tuesday, May 08, 2007

How about...

.. some thoughts?

I guess I haven't written much about some of my thoughts in here for quite a while haven't I? After all, it's Julian's HEAD.. not Julian's gigs! LOL. Well, the only reason being... well, I'm quite off the blogging bug these days. I just get so occupied with real-life stuff to sit down and blog about it (although I'm usually blogging real-life stuff, anyway). I'm not a blog-a-holic much, and even less these days. An occasional rant or two is quite fun to write about, though.

... anyway...

Spider-Man 3 and (ugh!) public transport..

I went to watch Spider-Man 3 with my brother last Saturday afternoon at Mid-Valley... one of those rare moments I actually get to spend time with him... and he decided we should take the train. Since the tickets were paid for using the e-payment order online, we didn't have to rush there 45 minutes before the show. I said that driving there would be a better idea than taking the KTM Komuter train. He digressed and said that being a Saturday, it'll mostly like be jammed. But of course, I knew better, being a previously experienced train/public transport rider.

So when we got to the train station, I bought a ticket, and waited for the next train (one left just as we got there). As I looked around the Kajang station, I noticed that nothing much had changed since my train-riding days in '96-'97. Or it did, but it just got worse. The whole place looks more decrepit, and the "Next Train" at the digital clock of the station doesn't even state when the next train is arriving, anymore. I figured, that's because the train is ALWAYS late... so no point for them to state the next arrival, only to find out it'll be late. And we waited for a little bit, and it was already 11.20am, and I knew that we'd be late, if not just on time. When the train had finally arrived, I could see that the trains were still in the same condition (if not worse) than when I really last took the train a few millenium ago! And the train was moving even slower than I remembered, too! It feels like it's gonna derail anytime, or break down anytime. Talk about proper maintenance... sheesh.

When we finally arrived at the Mid-Valley station, I was practically brisk-walking/race-walking as it was already 11.55am. I got the tickets from the E-Kiosk while my brother got the popcorn. When we went in, we knew that the show hadn't started, thankfully. Got there in the nick of time.

The movie was good... although they practically cramped THREE villain storylines, and one love backstory into a 2.5 hour movie. But I thought it was done fairly well, and that the producers gave enough time for each character to develop, albeit short. I wouldn't mind watching it again! But I do feel that this third instalment has far less substantial essence in its storyline compared to the first two... but I guess it can't be helped, for the 2.5 hour constraint.

The ride back on the train was also not so different from the earlier ride. I think I fell asleep on the bench waiting for the train to arrive... something at around 20 minutes of waiting. Bugger. Not only that, I noticed that KTM still has not done ANYTHING to facilitate wheelchair and disabled commuters. There's a big gap between the platform and the train car, and it's not even leveled with each other. Man, it'll be a long time coming for Malaysians... although I don't think that it has anything to do with our country being slow... but it's all in the attitude, couldn't care less....

Typical MALAYsian attitude. (no that's not a typo)

More rants coming.. when I'm not too sleepy to type...

1 comment:

Violinuts said...

Then they shouldn't put so many characters in one movie! Dammit...