Friday, December 21, 2007

Kajang.. sudah maju?

I was just walking in Kajang town just yesterday (something which I hardly do these days, mind you) to go the bank, to do my US Visa processing fee payment. But as dumb as it got, I didn't realize it was a national holiday, Hari Raya Haji, and the banks weren't open. Anyway, I went to do a couple of more errands, and to have my mobile phone fixed. While waiting for it, I dropped by the new shopping mall in Kajang, METRO POINT, to check it out. It's located right opposite from my old high school, and before all of that, there was a tennis court I used to play at during my high school years.

Anyway, when I entered the building through the front entrance, lo and behold, the first thing I saw blew my mind away!






STARBUCKS COFFEE





I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!

Yes, it's true.. there's now a Starbucks Coffee in Kajang! Incredible!

Maybe Kajang town has started to move on with the times! I'd never thought I'd actually see one in this small, albeit growing, town. Now the question ponders in my head: Is Kajang ready for a Starbucks?

No seriously... do the people here even understand the concept of a cafe latte (or even a hot chocolate) for that matter? LOL! Okay, you can stop laughing now..

Or the more important question is: Is the people of Kajang ready to pay a premium for that kind of coffee, when most of the time the people here relate to teh tarik and kopi (to colloquialize local coffee) more than a double espresso macchiato?

Well, we'll see what happens in a couple of months... or maybe more (more on that later!) and see if the Kajang Starbucks Coffee will last. If it does...AMEN.. I don't have to go far for a good cuppa!

No comments: