Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Merdeka... Merdeka.. Merdeka...

30 Aug, Monday - Mum woke me up yesterday and we went to Taman Tasik Permaisuri for our morning exercise. But I didn't feel too good, and it was apparent, when I only ran 4 rounds around the lake, about 1.3 - 1.5km long. And after that I felt slightly exhausted. Maybe I should chill a little on the training. Feel a little tug on my left knee also.. shittee..

Anyway, went off to Subang Parade to do a soundcheck with Disagree. Saw Pete Teo (my drummer and pianist from my band are playing for him too), Singletrackmind, and also Jason Lo there doing their soundcheck. This is in preparation for Subang Parade Merdeka Eve Celebrations. Then off we went to Ikano Power Centre at Mutiara Damansara to do a soundcheck there!! We were doing two gigs in one day... nice.

Ikano Power Centre: Disagree played at the Merdeka Eve Street Party, alongside Reefa, Sharizan, Ferhad and a few more. Of course, when the saxophone line came on in "Crumbs", so did the screams. Man.. they sure dig the sax line (wonder if they dig the player? hmm..). Done that, we flew over to Subang Parade to play.


Me and Disagree at Ikano Power Centre - Merdeka Eve Street Party

Subang Parade: Yay, free makan at TGIF. The rest of the guys had food prepared for them. Since I'm vegetarian, I just ordered ala carte... Tomato Basil Soup, and Fried Mozzarella Cheese with Tomato Dip.. yummm!

The show started about 9:30pm with Pete Teo and his band (with Greg Lyons on sax, Wan on bass, Justin Lim on keyboards, and Charles Wong on drums). This band was more or less the same band for the Heineken Green Room Sessions featuring Pete Teo sometime last year.

Pete Teo and band (l-r): Wan (bass), Greg Lyons (sax), Pete Teo, Kim Loong (er-hu)

Next came Singletrackmind, and Mr. Pan Global Alex Wong played a real rockin' grungy set.

Disagree was next, and of course, with "Crumbs".. more screams.. woo hoo...! Same question in my head: They dig the line, but do they dig the playa...??

Me and Disagree at Subang Parade Merdeka Eve Celebrations

Finally, Jason Lo's band! Talk about old school rock.. nothing beats old school rock, man!! If you ask me, it puts some of your recent rock acts to shame!

And finally.. countdown.. 5, 4, 3, 2... 1... MERDEKA! MERDEKA! MERDEKA! Oh yeah, we also had the pretty Serena C as our Master (Mistress?) of Ceremonies! She't hot, right?? hehehe.

What a way to spend your 47th Independence Day. In a supermarket.. where most shops are closed, and there bands playing.. pretty cool. Hehehehe..

I think I'll spend my 31st August at home chilling and sleeping... ahhaha... Happy Merdeka y'all.


No comments: