Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Running again...

I tried running yesterday at Lake Gardens. Reached there around 6.30pm from Sri Hartamas (surprising no jam at Jalan Duta... amazing!). The moment I got out of my car, all I could smell was haze, haze, and more haze! Asked myself if I should continue with my run. I did.

Just FYI, I haven't ran for over two weeks now because of that damn mild dengue fever I had. I wasn't sure if I was up for it, but decided to run anyway, just to get my muscles back up into form.

Starting my run after some mild stretches... I ran rather slowly. I didn't feel heavy, but breathing felt a bit labored, and my legs felt like putty. Maybe the weight loss was really muscle loss... bloody hell. Heart rate goes up fairly quickly after a while, so I decided to do a 6min run/1 min walk kinda thing. But based on heart rate alone, it wasn't easy to maintain a 6-1 run/walk because after a while, my heart rate goes above 80% of max fairly quickly. Instead, I chose to run/walk based on my heart rate, where I tried to keep it 80% of max and below (the route I took in LG had some slight hills, hence the increased heart rate). I wanted to keep my workout as easy as possible, as it's my first time running after so long.

It took me about over 30 minutes to get through 4km.. shows how much regressed I've become since I got sick. But since I've got a lifetime of running, I decided not to let that get into my head. I'll be training again, until I get some optimum fitness.

Gonna head to KLCC later to run, hopefully can squeeze 5k in.

No comments: