Wednesday, August 17, 2005

It's Not About The Bike...and NB 15K cert

Was over at KLCC after meeting Greg from Joo Ngan's (*hint hint* for those who know what I'm talking about, it's a hint for something I'll be getting into in the very near future) shop in Ampang, and got myself a copy of Lance Armstrong's It's Not About The Bike. I've read the introductory pages, and I'm already psyched to read the whole book!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's basically a book written by Lance. For those who do not know the Lance Armstrong story, here's a brief account: Lance was already an accomplished athlete, but was diagnosed with testicular cancer when he was 25. He fought the cancer, it went into remission, and then he worked his butt off and won seven Tour De France's... yes, SEVEN!!!! So, this book is his account on what he has experienced, and what drove him to seven TDF victories.

It's a must read for all Lance fans, cycling fans, and basically anyone who has been inspired by his story.

(Note: This year's TDF is his last, as he announced his retirement from the TDF as well as a professional cyclist, so that he can spend more time with his family and kids.)


* * * * *
Look what dropped in my mail today...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's my New Balance Pacesetters 15K certificate! The PACM people are really cool. I've mentioned that this is the best road race I've ever participated in. This is definitely one of the big reasons why I said so.

You will hardly ever see a race certificate with your pictures, your stats and everything else!

So, if this isn't incentive enough, join next year's NB 15K for more goodies!

* * * * *

I actually went for a swim today!

I didn't swim too long, as it started to rain. I spent the whole hour just doing the first two and three drills of the Total Immersion swimming technique. They were basically drills to learn balance on with your torso on horizontal (flat on your back), as well as your balance when your body is vertical position (on your side).

I don't think I'll be doing some serious swimming until I've completed all the drills needed for me to master the Total Immersion technique.

Refresher: The Total Immersion technique is a swimming technique that enables a swimmer to swim a longer distance with less effort through less strokes. It teaches how to swim by making your body hydrodynamic, and letting the water propel you rather than forcing your way through the water like a barge.

I haven't swam for more than a year now. Feels good to be in the water again.

No comments: