Monday, April 03, 2006

M! is over.. but more to come!

It's finally ooooverrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

The whole month of M!(arch) is over.. we did the final matinee show yesterday afternoon, and I guess it went with a bang. In fact, I think I did the best solo over the POW dance track for yesterday's show.

However, I'm not able to rest on my laurels yet, I've got a whole list of things this month to do, really. But it's mostly behind the scenes work more than anything else. The shows I'll be doing this month will be, among others:

14, 15/4 - David Gomes Quartet @ The Top Room
19/4 - RTM - Zoom In! featuring Yasin, with the Happy People Sextet
21, 22/4 - Happy People Quintet @ The Top Room
28, 29/4 - Happy People Quintet @ Alexis Bistro and Wine Bar

Although it's only these shows, but it'll be a lot of behind-the-scenes work especially for the RTM show and the Happy People gigs - we've got a couple of new faces in the band (Charles will be honeymoon-ing in the UK.. lucky bugger!! hehehe).

And to add to the excitement: BRANFORD MARSALIS IS COMING TO TOWN!!!!!!!!!

Say it...!! BRANFORD MARSALIS IS COMING TO TOWN!!!!

YES! YES! YES! I've been waiting for about THREE years to see him! On the first occasion, his bass player Eric Revis fell sick, so the show had to be cancelled. The second occasion, the promoter couldn't pay their deposit.. so that was that! And this time around, those buggers at IMG are bringing him down to the Dewan Philharmonik Petronas... for FOUR NIGHTS!! Two nights classical, and two nights jazz. I'll be going for one of the classical nights, and both nights of jazz.. got me tickets!! Wooo hoo.. I can't wait!

He'll be playing from the 24th to 27th of April. Go to the DFP box-office and get your tickets! It's one show you should not miss at all.. ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE A JAZZ FAN OR MUSICIAN!

Oh yeah..there's more.

Me, Eddie and Roger Chee (the KL Horny Horns) will be touring Taiwan with Jonathan Lee (Lee Zhong Sern) early May! Woo hoo.. nothing nicer than a overseas tour gig!! Yayyy.. thanks to Mac Chew for getting to make it happen!

So, it's busy busy busy for me..

Later.

PS: I'm listening to WKCR - they're playing Jackie McLean for two days until Tuesday as a memorial to the late Dr. Jackie McLean.

My prayers are with you Jackie Mac!

No comments: