Sunday, April 30, 2006

Off to Taiwan!

I just finished the Happy People Quintet two-night show at Alexis, and I also managed to meet up and hang a bit with Branford Marsalis just a few hours before he was scheduled to leave for the airport. Again, I really can get quite a lot of information about music and jazz just from listening to what he has to say. But I speak for Eddie and myself, that we were both profoundly affected by watching his concert on Wednesday and Thursday night! There was so much music and so much soul in their performance.

Anyway, I'll be off to Taiwan in a couple of hours for the Jonathan Lee Concert Tour. Wish us luck, but we'll be having quite a bit of fun over there, for sure. I'll write in when I can, and IF I get internet access.

Looks like there'll be some sight-seeing and some serious eating involved, but I think we're staying at Sheraton Taipei, so this means a nice gym and a pool - I can swim, run, and even bike! Need the workout as well.

Till then, see you guys when I get back!

No comments: