Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Gig update...

If you haven't seen the Upcoming Performances column yet, I've just updated it. So here it is!


SOUNDWORKS PRODUCTIONS and The Actor's Studio Bangsar Presents

50 CENTS JAZZ CLUB ALL STARS LIVE!


50 Cents Jazz Club Posted by Hello


Venue: The Actor's Studio Bangsar, 3rd Floor New Wing, Bangsar Shopping Complex
Date and time: 27 March 2004 @ 8:30pm
Tickets: RM40 (adults), RM20 (student, senior citizen)
Reservations: 03-2094 0400/1400

I’ll be performing with a guitarist/composer/sound engineer Hardesh Singh, under the monicker 50 Cents Jazz Club. For those who have seen us, and for the benefit of those who have not, 50 Cents Jazz Club (led by Hardesh) is really a musically experimental band, incorporating different sounds from jazz music, live electronics, asian musical influences, odd-time meters, and more.

I first played with them during my early years of involvement in the music scene in KL (which is really not too long ago) in 2001-2002. It’s probably one of the most musically interesting groups I’ve played with at the time, and I definitely believe it will still be. It’s been a long while since we last performed together, or at least since the last time I’ve performed with them. So it will also be an interesting adventure for me to see how it’ll sound like, especially when all the musicians involved have probably grown in ability and experience since then!

I hope you can join me in this experience as well.


Note: Book early for tickets to avoid disappointment, as this is a ONE NIGHT STINT only.

- JULIAN -

No comments: