Monday, September 06, 2004

The Village, Chi Running, KL Monorail and new shoes (yay!)

After a tiring day yesterday, I decided to take half a day off to myself (although technically everyday is a day off in the white collar worker standard). By that, I went to KL for a movie and did some shopping. Hahaha.. typical girl behaviour? Nahhh.. thing is about me is that when I shop, I do it probably because I want/need to, and it's usually once a while (unlike real shopaholics.. usually women, right? right? who probably wanna shop all da time? *feel like I'm gonna get severely beaten here.. hehe*).

Went to KLCC for The Village... the show started 12:25, I was there about 12:45. Oh well, missed the first 10 - 20 minutes, but never mind la. But I think I came in just in time to get the gist of the story in the beginning. Since when do they ever start on time on the dot? Interesting show it was, knowing M. Night Shyamalan. It's a story about a small village community, where its villagers are not allowed to step beyond a border from the village. The consequences of doing so involves some strange creature causing terror in the town in any of the villagers were caught crossing the border. It starred Sigourney Weaver, Joaquin Phoenix, William Hurt, and Adrien Brody.



Went to Kinokuniya after that to get a copy of Danny Dreyer's
ChiRunning.



My teacher Greg recommended me to get it, so what the heck. Just reading the introductions and all, already starts to make perfect sense. Western sports research suggests that to enable a runner to run faster, stronger, etc, one must build stronger muscles. What they miss out is that, in the process of training and building stronger muscles, runners that run without proper form tend to get more injuries which results in them stopping training for a period of time at least once a year. Danny's research aims to help runners to be able to train with shorter periods of recovery and even prevent injuries. An extension of that is that his programme is also supposed to help runners better their performance. Well, I'm gonna read this book and perhaps try it out. If it works, I'll definitely post a review here.

Next, I went to Bukit Bintang area from KLCC. Instead of driving there, I opted to take the train transports. From KLCC station (Putra LRT line), I came out at Dang Wangi station, walked over to the KL Monorail Bukit Nanas station and stop at Bukit Bintang station. Today marks the day of me taking the KL Monorail for the first time. The feeling of taking urban train transport reminds me of taking the MRT in Singapore, as well as Transperth train and bus services in Perth, Australia. Lots of walking, which I like. And it felt good to walk around also. Walked over to New Balance store at Bukit Bintang Plaza, met up with Albert (who works there), and bought me a new pair of New Balance 717s!!


New Balance 717 (mine's grey/yellow)


With the Pacesetters discount, I got it 30% off! It's sure good to be a member of a running club. Woo hoo.. will try them out this week!

I've also updated my photo page. Check it out at http://photos.yahoo.com/jcsax78.




No comments: